This pomegranate chutney is a quick and easy chutney recipe and can be made within 15 minutes. In this recipe I have used pomegranate (also known as anardana in Hindi), onions, green chillies, coriander and mint leaves. The leaves give this chutney a green colour.
Pomegranate seeds have a faint sweetness and a tang to them. Adding pomegranates to a dish gives a good dose of flavour and taste to any dish. Chaat masala and sugar gives a tasty punch to this chutney.
This spicy and tangy chutney makes a great accompaniment or dip with pakoras, samosas, tandoori snacks or grilled snacks, grilled veggies or fruits. I have served this chutney with duck spring rolls.
To get started….
- 3-4 tsp. dry Pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium sized Onion
- ½ cup fresh Coriander leaves
- ¼ cup fresh Mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- 1 green Chilli
- A few drops of Lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Sugar
- ½ tsp. Chaat masala
- 3-4 tbsps. Water, for grinding the chutney
- Salt, as required
- Wash the dry pomegranate seeds well in water.
- Add all the ingredients in a blender with some water.
- Grind them till smooth.
- Serve the pomegranate chutney as a dip with pakoras, fritters, samosa or tandoori snacks like paneer tikka, mushroom tikka. The pomegranate chutney stays well for 3-4 days in the fridge.